With the generous support of Richter
Join us for another season of enriching pre-show lectures and intimate talks given by some of the community’s most prominent artists and thinkers. In partnership with the Institute for Public Life of Arts and Ideas (IPLAI) at McGill University. All talks take place on the first Sunday of each run at 11:00 a.m. in the Segal Theatre.
- Ain't Misbehavin': September 29, 2013 at 11:00 a.m.
- Othello: November 17, 2013 at 11:00 a.m.
- The Seagull: February 2, 2014 at 11:00 a.m.
- Glengarry Glen Ross: March 16 at 11:00 a.m.
- Top Girls: April 27, 2013 at 11:00 a.m.
- Soul Doctor: June 8, 2014 at 11:00 a.m.
- Othello: Monday, November 25th, 2013 (Special Saturday Talkback on Saturday, November 30th!)
- The Seagull: Monday, February 10th, 2014
- Top Girls: Monday, May 5th and Monday, May 12th, 2014
- Soul Doctor: Monday, June 16th and Monday, June 24th, 2014
Guest to be announced soon.
Monday Night Talkbacks
Take advantage of these post-play opportunities to interact with the artists bringing our plays to life. Talkbacks take place on Mondays during the run of each Segal Theatre play.*
* Please note, there are no Talkbacks on Monday preview performances. There will be no talkbacks for Glengarry Glen Ross.
Aleph’s Literary Café
Which books published in Quebec examine Jewish culture, whether from near or far? Includes interviews with authors and commentaries by Sonia Sarah Lipsyc, Joseph Elfassi, Maurice Chalom, accompanied by Arnaud Nobile on the accordion.
St. James Literary Society Lectures
For a second year, the St. James Literary Society (est. 1898) brings their venerable lecture series on politics, law, science, history, travel, religion and medicine to the Segal Centre. One of the oldest learned societies in North America, the Society provides a forum for the free exchange of ideas through these sessions… for the social and the cerebral.
For further information please call 514.484.0146