Sunday-@-the-SegalJoin us for another season of enriching pre-show lectures and intimate talks given by some of the community’s most prominent artists and thinkers. In partnership with the Institute for Public Life of Arts and Ideas (IPLAI) at McGill University. All talks take place on the first Sunday of each run at 11:00 a.m. in the Segal Theatre.
- The Graduate: August 31, 2014 at 11:00 a.m.
- Belles Soeurs - The Musical: October 19, 2014 at 11:00 a.m.
- Forever Plaid: February 1st, 2015 at 11:00 a.m.
- We Are Not Alone: February 22, 2015 at 11:00 a.m.
- Travesties: April 12, 2015 at 11:00 a.m.
- The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz: June 7, 2015 at 11:00 a.m.
- The Dybbuk: August 9, 2015 at 11:00 a.m.
Monday Night TalkbacksTake advantage of these post-play opportunities to interact with the artists bringing our plays to life. Talkbacks take place on Mondays during the run of each Segal Theatre play.
- The Graduate: September 8 & 15, 2014
- Belles Soeurs - The Musical: October 27 & November 3rd, 2014
- Forever Plaid: February 9 & 16, 2015
- We Are Not Alone: March 2 & 9, 2015
- Travesties: April 20 & 27, 2015
- The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz: June 15 & 22, 2015
- The Dybbuk: August 17 & 24, 2015
Aleph’s Literary CaféWhich books published in Quebec examine Jewish culture, whether from near or far? Includes interviews with authors and commentaries by Sonia Sarah Lipsyc, Joseph Elfassi, Maurice Chalom, accompanied by Arnaud Nobile on the accordion. In French.
St. James Literary Society LecturesFor a second year, the St. James Literary Society (est. 1898) brings their venerable lecture series on politics, law, science, history, travel, religion and medicine to the Segal Centre. One of the oldest learned societies in North America, the Society provides a forum for the free exchange of ideas through these sessions… for the social and the cerebral. For further information please call 514.484.0146
CLASS ACT THEATRE CLUB
For students or recent graduates who are passionate about theatre and interested in pursuing it professionally. This special student subscription
includes 3 plays + 3 private pre-show talks with directors of each play.
Email Lucie Lederhendler for more information, and join the Class Act Facebook Group for exclusive offers for emerging artists!