1. PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
When we collect or use your information, we will utilize commercially reasonable safeguards and security precautions to ensure its protection. It should be noted that no security procedure is currently 100% effective. Should any breach of your personal information occur, we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible.
2. TYPE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
We collect information at various points on this Website to facilitate its use by you. Specifically, two types of information are collected:
Technical information: Upon accessing this Website, certain non-identifying statistical information will be collected without your knowledge (hereinafter referred to as “Non-Personal Information”). This information is not identified with a specific individual, and may include the type of browser you use to view our site, the IP address of your computer and what web pages have been accessed. This technical data is aggregated and used to measure and improve the effectiveness of our Website. Unless we specifically tell you we are doing so, we do not attempt to combine this technical data with the personal information we collect on our Website.
Personal information: To utilize some portions of this Website, you must first provide personal information that will allow you to be identified and is uniquely associated with you (“Personal Information”). For example, in order to purchase tickets you must first complete a user profile through which certain information is collected such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address, and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date, security digits or other financial information). This type of information will not be collected without your consent.
Cookies: The Segal Centre uses cookie technology to facilitate access to our Website and to personalize users’ online experience. For example, when you sign in to our Website, we will record your email address provided and the name of your account in the cookie file on your computer. If you indicated that you would like your password saved for automatic sign-in, we also may record your password in this cookie file. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser settings so as to decline cookies. Please note that if you choose to disable cookies, some of the interactive features offered on our website may not be available to you.
3. PURPOSE OF COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share Personal Information we have collected about you, your activities on our Website, or while using our services.
A/ In general: The Personal Information that you provide to us will be used for the following purposes:
- to process, deliver, bill for, and collect payment for the purchase of our services and products;
- to anticipate and resolve problems with your service;
- to update you on changes to our services or products;
- to update you on new services or products; and
- to send you information you have agreed to receive, such as our newsletter. Please note that at any time you may unsubscribe from receiving such emails.
B/ Financial information: We may use financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases or sales made on our Website, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as may be reasonably needed to manage our business in connection with your transaction (for example, to identify you if you are picking up your tickets, to facilitate refunds for cancelled events, for audit purposes, etc.).
4. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not sell or rent the information we collect to other entities or individuals or disclose this information to persons other than our staff and service providers, save and except that we may share the collected information with other parties in the following circumstances:
Where required by law: The Segal Centre may share the collected information where required by law, specifically in response to a valid court order, subpoena, government investigation, or as otherwise required by law.
Where reasonably necessary: The Segal Centre may release certain personal information when we believe that such release is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of others and ourselves. We also reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful.
5. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You may choose to not provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our Website because such information may be required in order for you to, for example, purchase tickets; ask a question; or initiate other transactions on our Website.
You will not have the ability to opt-out of receiving transactional and relationship e-mail communications, such as event cancellations or billing information.
6. USER’S RESPONSIBILITIES
The Segal Centre will not be responsible for any loss or damage sustained by a user when the user discloses, intentionally or not, his or her access code or other personal information. The following responsibilities are incumbent on users:
- the user agrees to use his or her information only to obtain online services offered on the website;
- the user is not authorized to add other users to his or her account;
- the user cannot use the communication tools provided by the Segal Centre to transmit spam or any other content;
- the user is not authorized to disclose his or her password to anyone. If said user decides to share it with others, he or she will be responsible for any action taken under the account;
- if the user believes that his or her password has been compromised in any manner whatsoever, he or she must notify the Segal Centre immediately and change his or her password;
- the user agrees to update his or her personal information if it changes or is no longer relevant;
at all times, the user remains fully responsible for any loss or damages caused to the Segal Centre or to a third party resulting from any activity generated under his or her access code or user account, even in the case of loss of confidentiality or illegal use.
7. STORAGE AND SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our Website is operated and hosted in Montreal, Province of Québec, Canada. All Personal Information you provide to the Segal Centre is stored on our secure servers. In deciding to voluntarily provide us with your Personal Information, you agree to the transfer to and storage of your personal data on our servers. If you are a visitor from abroad and you provide personal information, you agree that said information be transferred and hosted in Montreal, Province of Québec, Canada.
We will use reasonable security measures to protect your personal information against unauthorized access. Please be careful whenever sending Personal Information to the Segal Centre via e-mail. E-mail is generally not a secure means of transferring information. We therefore cannot guarantee that this information will not be lost or used in a fraudulent manner and we encourage the use of e-mail encryption to communicate with us.
8. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
9. CHILDREN UNDER 13: Given our concern for the privacy of children, it is our policy not to collect information from children under the age of 13.
10. CONTACT FOR QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
General E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number: 514.739.7944.
Veuillez prendre note qu’en cas de désaccord entre les versions anglaise et française de la présente politique de confidentialité, la version anglaise aura préséance.